June 11, 2008
Download a PDF file from the archive through a browser [Just to get the headers here, I used: “curl -I http://ora.ouls.ox.ac.uk/objects/uuid%3A4af22069-ec0e-4407-b42d-2926c5a6c9ca/datastreams/ATTACHMENT01”%5D Server Response:HTTP/1.1 200 OKcontent-length: 53760content-disposition: attachment; filename=”uuid4af22069-ec0e-4407-b42d-2926c5a6c9ca-ATTACHMENT01.doc”accept-ranges: byteslast-modified: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:54:45 GMTcontent-range: 0-53759/53760etag: 1213192485.0-53760content-type: application/mswordx-pingback: http://ora.ouls.ox.ac.uk/pingbackDate: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:54:45 GMTServer: CherryPy/3.0.2 Firefox (any version, any OS) downloads this and passes […]
Short post this one: os.environ[‘SERVER_SOFTWARE’] is your variable to see. Deployed, it reads ‘Google Apphosting/1.0’ Running locally, it reads ‘Development/1.0’ So doing “if os.environ[‘SERVER_SOFTWARE’].startswith(‘Development’):” should be enough to deal with the differences between local and deployed.
The update is due to improvements made to the Google App Engine flavour of the restful lib code – I’ve added automatic Basic and Digest authentication to the code, so that apps deployed to the App engine can now use services that require either form of authentication, such as Twitter (Basic auth needed) or the […]
Beta release of specs – http://www.openarchives.org/ore/0.9/ At a cursory glance through the documents, there seems to be a few refinements on version 0.3: Resource map metadata is now (IMO) handled better The inclusion of resource typing into the aggregation data model – Yeah, wonder where they got that idea 😉 But seriously, it suggests to […]